Friday, November 27, 2009

When it reads, "Caution may burn", they're not kidding.

Ouch. About 3 weeks ago Camrie fell on top of the running lawn mower motor. Yes, you read that right, Camrie fell on top of the running lawn mower. She received a 2nd degree burn on the palm of her hand. The burn blistered, and then popped the following day. Poor Camrie had to have her hand wrapped for a few day and will probably have a nice scar for the rest of her life. I am so very thankful for modern medicine!















This was the burn looked like right after it happened.















This is her hand the following morning with the blister just starting to appear. I didn't get a picture of the blister at it's full length, it ended up as long and as wide as the red mark on her palm.















What a trooper. This little lady was in a lot of pain.

5 comments:

Lindsey and Isaac said...

How sad - and scary! I'm glad it's getting better now. I have been meaning to call you for sooo long. I definitely will soon!

The Clews Crew said...

Ouch! Ouch! Poor girl! Adi burned her hands just like that (except it was on the open oven door) and had to have them wrapped just like Camrie's. Hers didn't scar and she wasn't too much younger than Camrie. Anyway, I hope she's all better soon. It's almost as painful to see as to have it happen to you I think.

Mel McDonald said...

She looks SO much like you! Very cute. Glad she's not hurt more than that. What a trooper!

HAYHAY said...

owwwww! Poor little sweetie...and poor you. That was probably hard to comfort! I hope she gets better fast!

I wish we could have seen you too!! Are you coming home for Christmas this year?? What are your plans?

Also, when is Russ' b-day? I'm making a calendar for Kam and I want to include all of his old friend's birthdays.

Heidichilds said...

I'm so glad she's feeling better! How are things with you lately?