Monday, June 22, 2009

You put what...? Where?

Saturday:  I was driving home and noticed that Camrie was playing with the corner of snack pack.  After a few minutes she started complaining,  "Owie,  nose",  I was shocked, did my daughter really just stuff something up her nose? Of course not, that happens to Moms with boys, not me, and definitely not my sweet Camrie.  I couldn't do anything about it since we were on a very busy road, so I told her to sneeze and blow her nose...Nothing.  I met up with Russ later and since he couldn't see anything up there and I wasn't completely sure she has actually put the wrapper up her nose, we didn't do anything about it.

Sunday (Fathers Day):  Camrie wakes up and only one nostril is running, which eventually turns into a nose bleed.  Okay, I'm convinced.  The stinker put a wrapper up her nose.  We went to work and do what any experienced parents do...we called our Mothers.  Both just laughed at us!  Eventually we ended up on the phone with the on-call nurse our insurance provides.  She laughed also, "Don't worry, this happens all the time!".  She gave us some advice, and said to watch it for a little longer to make sure there really is something up there.  So we went to Church.  While in sacrament meeting Camrie couldn't keep her fingers to herself, we could tell her nose was REALLY bothering her.  We decided to take the advice of the nurse and found an empty room.  (This is where it gets really good...)  The nurse had said that we needed to blow her nose for her...WHAT?!?! HOW?!?!  This is how...you cover the nostril that is not clogged and blow really hard into her mouth.  It kind of looks like you are doing CPR. Since it was Fathers Day I figured that it was only appropriate for Russ to be the one "blowing her nose" for her.  After a few times Russ' cheek is glistening and his face is green.  Camrie is screaming, remember we are at Church!  I look up her nose and I can see the wrapper.  We hop in the car and go home for the tweezers.  Russ blows her nose once more and I successfully grab the wrapper.  Camrie is traumatized and Russ and I are feeling victorious!  What a wonderful adventure everyday is!!!














 












15 comments:

Amiee said...

Aww..thats so sad and yet i love the pictures...so funny! Glad you guys got it out!

A little Birdie... said...

Not gonna lie, I laughed really hard when I read this! And then I saw her poor sad face, and was sad for her! Good to know advice if this ever happens to us!

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh, I just about peed my pants! What a great story for when she is older...so glad you took photographic proof : )

Lindsey and Isaac said...

Holy cow! I hope that never happens to me! That sounds awful - and painful! Sounds like you guys handled it quite well though!

Shay said...

aww poor Camrie! She'll love that story when she's a teenager. But maybe she'll be traumatized enough to not do it again! :)

Jessica said...

Thats a great story! Glad everything worked out! what a lucky dad Russ is!

The Clews Crew said...

Oh man, poor girl. Sorry, but it is kind of funny too. Kids. It's nice to know how to blow my child's nose for them now. Seriously, that could come in handy. I'm glad she's okay. And I think a New Moon party would be awesome!

Rick and Jenny Runyan said...

Yikes! I'm glad you guys got it out okay...and I'm glad to know how to get something out if I ever need to! McKyla rolled up the adhesive that they stick to your credit cards when they mail them to you and put it up her nose just last week, but luckily I was right there and could get it out. But that wrapper is pretty big-Camrie must've worked hard on that!

Contact said...

hahah i loved this story!!! that is so funny. i can't wait (i think) for these adventures as tessa gets older. We are in utah and would love to see you guys! when can we get together?

krystale said...

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST LOVE IT! poor cam cam but seriously cute story!!

Christina said...

That is priceless!!! She'll love that story for years!!!

The Henkel Family said...

Oh my goodness that sounds like quite the adventure! I'm glad she is ok! I can officially say i have never had to deal with stuff shoved up the nose yet (knock on wood!) I have to tell you Camrie is so darn cute and is growing up so much! Holy cow where does the time go? hope your doing well my prego friend!

HAYHAY said...

That is sad and hilarious. Crazy little kid. Jake tugged on his ear for months and would cry. Every time I took him in, the doctor peeked in there then prescribed me an ear infection antibiotic. Finally, Went to a different doctor who pried out a pretty good sized sharp rock lodged in his ear. I couldn't believe it; I had no clue! These kids are crazy. Why could you stick a rock in your ear, and why would you put a wrapper in your nose. They will laugh about it someday.

Jeff Bitton said...

Russ, this is Jeff. I have to admit, you are the man! Wow, so impressed! Are you guys up for a football game this year? We are wanting to come down for one or two would love to pair up with you guys. Hope everything is going great for you.

Jarae said...

Oh how sad is that?? Poor Camrie. Good job getting it out though. I cannot believe your little girl is so big. Last time I saw you, you were pregnant. How old is she? Has it really been that long since I have seen you? You are just the cutest girl and have such a cute fam.