In Loving Memory...

My Dad's mother, my Gramcracker passed away this morning. Needless to say, it's been a very emotional day. My eyes feel like they have been dried out, but littlest things jog special memories and the tears come flooding back, often to my surprise that there are any tears left. I am so grateful to have known my Gramcracker. What a wonderful woman she is.
I remember her singing me the song "Catch a Falling Star" on multiple occasions, the song has always been special to me because of her. Tonight one line of the song really sticks out. "Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, never let it fade away...save it for a rainy day", even though you may be gone Gramcracker your memories will never fade away, I will keep them in my pocket for those rainy days when I miss you terribly.
Even though death is sad, and hard to deal with I am grateful for the knowledge that I have that you are not gone forever, but that I will be able to see you again someday in a much happier place. It brings such comfort to us all to know that you are finally home with the ones you love. We will miss you and look forward to the day of our reunion.
I love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck Gramcracker

8 comments:
Sweet post it got me all teary eyed. My grandma moved on a few years ago. She was pretty sick before and the last thing she really got to do and was with it enough was see me perform in Guys and Dolls. Chin up and know she is always watching over you. And don't worry if you are overly emotional at our movie tonight we will just think you REALLY REALLY love the movie! ;)
Oh, I am so sad to hear that. I remember you talking about her. It's such a good thing we have the knowledge of the gospel in a time like this. I hope today is better for you. Call me
I am so sorry Dulc! If you need anything PLEASE let me know! I have been there a few times, things will get better! =) I hope you start to feel better soon. We'll see you tomorrow!
I'm sorry to hear about your loss Dulcie-your grandma seems like a great woman and I got teary eyed reading about your memories of her. Grandmas touch our lives in great ways that will last forver and now they are touching people's lives in the next life. Take care!
My dad's dad died recently too. It's sad to see such wonderful people go, but it is great to know that they are free from any physical pain or discomfort. Maybe you could make a little journal of your memories to keep--it sounds like you have some sweet ones.
I am sorry to hear this. I am praying for you. Beautiful post.
I'm so sorry about your grandma Dulcie. I'm glad that you have such sweet memories of her.
I'm so sorry. Thank you for sharing your beautiful memories. I love you!!!
Post a Comment