Sunday, September 28, 2008

Over before it began...

Yesterday we brought home a sweet little puppy and named him Charlie.  He was such a sweet little puppy and we LOVED having him around, Camrie especially.  She would stick her fingers in his mouth, pull on his hair, and try to steal vice gripped hugs from her new little friend.  Charlie LOVED Camrie also, once she lost interest in him he would hop like a bunny at her heels following for more attention.

Last night Camrie had a hard time falling asleep and at first I figured it was because there was a new puppy hopping around the apartment and she just wanted to play.  Especially since her nap time schedule that day had been thrown to the dogs, (no pun intended).  Instead of 2 naps one at 11:00 and one at 3:00 she fell asleep on my shoulder for her first nap around 3:00 and was up a short time later ready to play with Charlie.  So after letting her cry I finally went to check on her.  

There was my little Camrie with a red itchy runny nose, huge puffy eyes, and having a difficult time breathing. We decided that Camrie was allergic to Charlie.   However sick she might have felt once she was out of her crib all she wanted to do was play with him, she wasn't crying because she was uncomfortable, she was crying because she wanted to play.  We locked Charlie up in the laundry room, changed our clothes, bathed Camrie once more, gave her some allergy medicine, and took her out in the car at 11:00 at night to calm her down, she was still crying because we wouldn't let her play with the dog (who had been crying in the laundry room the whole time).  So this morning, after having a puppy bark at me all night long,  I swear a newborn baby wasn't as ridiculous as this puppy was, we took him back to his home to be with his Mommy again.   We are a little sad to say goodbye to our sweet little Charlie but Camrie's health is so much more important than a little dog.  

Here is a picture of what Camrie looked like after I got her up from her crib, the picture doesn't do justice to redness and puffiness of Camrie's face.  We couldn't help but laugh at how funny the whole situation was.

Camrie still insited on playing with him after we figured out she was allergic.
Little Charlie was such a snuggle bug.  He loved his new daddy.

Good bye Charlie, we will miss you!  What a cute little puppy.  He really was a good little dog.



On a lighter note, we have a babysitter!!! My sister is now attending BYUI and Camrie cannot get enough of her.  It is so nice to feel confident in leaving Camrie with someone else.  We are such weirdos about babysitters just because we know Camrie is such a scaredy cat when it comes to strangers.  Thanks Sofia, by the way what are you doing on thursday?

5 comments:

Lindsey and Isaac said...

aww, sad! Glad you figured it out though! I hear you on being happy to have a baby sitter around. Take advantage of it while you can!

krystale said...

CUTIE! sad, i would have taken the puppy for you!!! she's soo cute, okay seriously can i have a family now? seeing you and linds has opened my eyes to what is really important! I love keeping in touch with yall!
love you!

kelsey j said...

Hey Dolce! how r u? Is that a havanese slash poodle dog? It is so cute! Where did you get it? I've been wanting a little dog soooo bad! I want one that doesn't shed so that would be perfect! By the way what is your phone #

Amanda said...

Hey Dulcie--- I am glad to see that you guys are doing well!!! That baby girl you have so SUPER cute!!! Did I read correctly that you are back in Rexburg till December??? Let me know, I would love to come up there sometime and go out ot lunch or something... I am moving to SLC in December to go back to school-- I am going to get my teaching degree... I am so so excited!!! Well Let me know!
love ya,
Amanda

Crystal said...

Sad, sad story! Her little puffy face is so cute. Does she like stuffed doggies as much as real ones?